Positive Affirmations can be used to change the way you see the world. Your thoughts create your own perception of the world. Every thought that you think, and every word you say is an affirmation. When you repeat an affirmation you are creating new pathways in your brain that are either negative or positive. Take a minute and observe your self-talk. Is it mostly negative? You might find that some thoughts are automatic and they might not even be true. You cannot control every thought you have, but with positive affirmations you can train your brain to start thinking more positive. I have listed some example of positive affirmations below; you might like some and equally might dislike some. Choose the affirmations you are drawn to even if you don’t believe them. Say them with conviction, and you just might start to believe what you are saying!
- When I believe in myself, so do others.
- I express my needs and feelings.
- I like my true self, and so do others.
- I know I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- I never give up.
- I make the best of every situation.
- I enjoy life to the fullest.
- I stand up for my beliefs, values and morals.
For more information on positive affirmations go to http://www.essentiallifeskills.net/positiveaffirmations.html