Having a hobby can help relieve stress and prevent depression. Here are five benefits that having a hobby can provide.
- Hobbies can lead to new friendships. Hobbies introduce you to people outside your normal social circles.
- Hobbies give you something to talk about. When you have a hobby, you always have something new to talk about.
- Hobbies encourage you to take a break. Hobbies give you a chance to do something you enjoy and therefore relieve stress.
- Hobbies can improve your memory. According to a recent study by Psychological Science, older adults who too up mentally challenging hobbies showed significant gains in memory.
- Hobbies can provide health benefits. If your hobby includes physical activity you’re also reaping the benefits of exercise.
With all of these benefits and more, why not pick up a hobby today? Not sure what type of hobby you would like? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies for an extensive list of examples!